Yesterday was a roller coaster day.
I got an email that gave us seventeen pages about a sibling group we've inquired about. Let's call them Dude 1 and Dude 2. Seventeen pages of their lives. And this is supposed to help us decide if we'd like to pursue further.
I left school with anxious and excited knots in my stomach. I was talking like a crazy person in the car all the way home. "I'm scared I'm scared I'm scared"
In perfect timing, on comes this song:
(first line hint: "Jesus, my soul is fearless ... for You are with us, fighting for us"
I also notice on the way home that Owen is falling asleep in the car, which is odd.
Then we get home and he starts acting sick, not eating, not moving, and oh yeah - he has a fever of 102. So I start gearing up to take another sick day and plan for a sub - again. This is the third time this year already that I've had to stay home with a sick child. Nick has also already taken 3 days.
Then. We get a call that our well water test came back positive for coliform bacteria. Again. He recommends another smaller treatment. Which is fine - no one wants bacteria in their water (though I'm guessing it's always been like this, from what I read online it's pretty common for private wells to have a trace of this) But we just spend over $200 on the first treatment. And more than that on getting our septic pumped. Did I mention Owen needs a new window in his bedroom? Or the car repairs we just did? Or how I got a ticket for expired registration for our car?
And so begins the debate ... are these signs for us to slow down? Or are they road blocks from the enemy trying to stop us from doing God's work that He's called us to do? Or BOTH?
I got an email that gave us seventeen pages about a sibling group we've inquired about. Let's call them Dude 1 and Dude 2. Seventeen pages of their lives. And this is supposed to help us decide if we'd like to pursue further.
I left school with anxious and excited knots in my stomach. I was talking like a crazy person in the car all the way home. "I'm scared I'm scared I'm scared"
In perfect timing, on comes this song:
(first line hint: "Jesus, my soul is fearless ... for You are with us, fighting for us"
I also notice on the way home that Owen is falling asleep in the car, which is odd.
Then we get home and he starts acting sick, not eating, not moving, and oh yeah - he has a fever of 102. So I start gearing up to take another sick day and plan for a sub - again. This is the third time this year already that I've had to stay home with a sick child. Nick has also already taken 3 days.
Then. We get a call that our well water test came back positive for coliform bacteria. Again. He recommends another smaller treatment. Which is fine - no one wants bacteria in their water (though I'm guessing it's always been like this, from what I read online it's pretty common for private wells to have a trace of this) But we just spend over $200 on the first treatment. And more than that on getting our septic pumped. Did I mention Owen needs a new window in his bedroom? Or the car repairs we just did? Or how I got a ticket for expired registration for our car?
And so begins the debate ... are these signs for us to slow down? Or are they road blocks from the enemy trying to stop us from doing God's work that He's called us to do? Or BOTH?
No comments:
Post a Comment