Working full time has turned me into a bad blogger mommy!!
Owen had his four month check up this week. His stats are:
weight - 15 lbs 10 oz - 65 percentile
height - 26 inches - 84 percentile
WAKE TIME
Owen averages being awake for about 2 hours before he needs a nap -- a little shorter in the mornings, a little longer in the evenings.
Formula
Owen averages four 6oz bottles a day. About 4 out of 7 nights, he wakes up for another bottle.
Solids
We've started giving him rice cereal in the evenings -- he still has the tongue thrust reflex, so he spits most of it out -- but seems to enjoy the experience. I'm hoping as we practice, this will help eliminate the night time wakings.
GAS
Owen has some days where he still needs gas drops and is in pain. Other days, he's completely fine. I have no idea what causes the change.
NAPS
At home - Owen does not sleep for more than 30 min. in his crib -- then we finish his naps in his bouncey. At daycare, it seems that he sleeps just fine! He takes a morning nap, a little longer afternoon nap, and then a bouncy or swing cat nap in the evening, usually during our dinner time.
NIGHTTIME SLEEP
Owen goes down for bed around 7:30 or 8pm. He may cry for 10-15 minutes, then is fast asleep. As I said with his bottles -- half the time he sleeps through the night, the other half he wakes up hungry. We always try to paci him and let him talk a little first, because he may just go back to sleep. I can usually tell if he is moving his mouth a lot when I try to paci him if he's hungry or not.
OMM
Owen had an OMM appointment last week for his poor crooked head. They want us to use a sleep positioner so he can't turn his head the way he likes at night - and also just to turn it as much as we can while he's awake. I haven't done the positioner because they make me nervous. I get that it's a long time for his head to be turned that way - especially when he sleeps through the night because it's 9+ hours. But it makes me nervous. We are doing better with tummy and siting up time - esp. now that he sits happily in his exersaucer for 15-20 min. at a time. I dunno - we'll see what happens.
FTWM
Working full time is hard for me. It's easy when I'm at school, in the "zone" - but when I look at all the things I want to do and get done in my classrooms vs. all the things I want to do with my boys - I struggle. It doesn't help that I'm teaching a new grade level that has a lot of extra prep work - especially since I'm having to make copies of all the materials - but also that I'm the type of teacher who does better, and teaches better when I'm well prepared (wait ... shouldn't all teachers be that way? :P ) It's all a balancing act and some days I do good, and some days I don't. I will say that I am loving third grade - and I absolutely love all of my students. I don't think there's one that I wouldn't take home. Yes, CP friends, even that *one*, holds a special place in my heart.
I've also been slacking on the photos -- did I ever post his 3 month photo session here? *checks back* Nope, sure didn't. Here's a few from a month ago, and maybe one or two more recent ones!
I think being a mom is a challenge no matter which way you look at it. I want my house to be clean - so they don't pick up extra germs off the floor, etc - but I want that time with them too. And working...don't get me wrong I'm DYING to go back to work because I love my job and I feel that getting a small break from the day to day house running would allow me to be a better mom & wife but letting someone else have the time with them instead of us is HARD.
ReplyDeleteOwen's eyes are absolutely GORGEOUS! You have such handsome boys & it's so neat to watch them grow. Thanks for sharing them. Glad you enjoy your new grade and class this year. It's reassuring and comforting out there knowing that there are still teachers that enjoy their job, enjoy the kids, and are just as concerned about being well prepared to teach them. *SMILE!* It makes my job as a mom a little easier knowing that those teachers are still around.