Monday, August 9, 2010

And then it's August...


Hey - remember us? Long time no write ... I know, I'm a slacker!

Let's see what's going on in Henry's world:

Bottles: We still give Henry 4 60z bottles a day ... he takes most of the morning and bedtime bottles, but often only takes half of the midday bottles. Some days are better than others. He also still doesn't like to take bottles from other people. Now that he's going to daycare once a week (update on that below) - hopefully he'll get over this weird little issue.


Solids: Little piggy likes to eat. I can't eat anything in front of him without him screaming for me to share. But - he also now tries to share his food with me - so that's cute! I'm hoping to soon be done with the jarred babyfood and be giving him all table food - he does a great job mashing and chewing with his gums, even though he still doesn't have teeth!

Waketime Length: Usually 2 1/2 hours - sometimes longer

Naps: Henry takes a morning and afternoon nap, each about an hour and a half long. He still takes a cat nap in the evening, but I have a feeling we're about done with this - since the last two were only 20 minutes long, and he skipped it all together the day before those.

Nighttime sleep: Still good here - sleeping from about 8:30 until 7:00 - he sometimes wakes between 6-7am, but talks in his crib until I get him up.

Milestones: Henry is a speedy crawler! He loves to play chase around our ottaman. He can pull himself up to standing - but doesn't really walk along the furniture yet. He says "mama", "dada" and "baba" fairly consistently and in appropriate situations, so I think those are for sure his first words. He often also sounds like he's trying to say "down" and "up" - but I can't be sure yet. And then there's lots of random sounds all day long ... one of his favorites right now is "bob".

We've done tons of fun summer things, like swim class @ the YMCA, zoo trips, hanging in our kiddie pool.

Daycare: Since our job outlooks for the fall are still up in the air - we've started to send Henry to daycare one morning a week until we know more about the situation. This hopefully will give both daycare and Henry a chance to become aquainted before getting thrown into it full swing in the fall!

So - that's about it on the Henry front.

As for our family life - we're in job limbo right now. I don't remember if I posted about it - but in the spring both Nick and I were laid off from our teaching jobs. Since then, I've been called back to a .4 position, which does not make me eligible for health insurance. I had requested to be part time in the spring as well.

Now as school is getting closer, and still no word from Nick's school district - we decided I needed to resubmit my request and change it to full time - because we really need health insurance and the money! I'm going to be so bummed if both Nick and I end up getting called back to full time - but hopefully it will only be for a year. I keep telling myself it's best for my family, even if it doesn't seem best for me right now!

Now for more important questions ... like the big 1 year birthday party coming up in 3 1/2 months!! The big debate is: Big Party w/ Family and Friends? Or just Family? Thoughts?!?


Last week, 36 Weeks, The only way we could keep him still was with a toy!

4 comments:

  1. It warms my heart to read these milestone updates from you. It takes me back to those IUI days and honestly it feels like a lifetime ago, thank goodness =) It sounds like you all couldn't be doing better...minus the job drama. Hope it sorts itself out soon! My opinion on the 1 yr b-day is probably somewhere in between...maybe family and a few close friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, he's so big!! I remember when he was so tiny next to the frog. And such a cute grin!

    I personally think the smaller party over the bigger one for a 1st birthday. I've never done one, but I think it gets so overwhelming! I've seen other 1 year olds just look so flustered and confused by all the comotion and people! But, thats just me. I'm sure he'll have a great 1st birthday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to hear an update. Henry is so cute.

    I am sorry things are uncertain with your jobs. I hope everything works out for you and nick.

    ReplyDelete