So after all my bragging of Henry doing good -- he's regressed to 2 night wakings. He did this a couple times last week, and I thought it may be because we gave him a bottle in the evening. Then - at midnight last night - I realized that he has been consistent the last three nights! He goes down around 7:30 - wakes at 11:45ish and again at 4am. I always try to just paci him and reswaddle first - but he never goes back to sleep so I've been feeding him. He takes a full meal each time.
So ... here are my ideas causing the disruption:
1.) Not enough feedings in the day ... right now we're averaging 6.
2.) Growth spurt ... though I don't think the wake times would be consistent with this.
3.) Nap Confusion ... I can't remember if he's getting 3 or 4 naps if he does better. But if I'm adding a feeding then 4 naps makes more sence.
4.) Wonder Week ... he has been a little bit fussier than usual as well, so maybe he's on the verge of something big, like rolling over!
5.) Teething ... I already mentioned the excess drool, minor fussiness ... but he doesn't seem to be in pain otherwise.
For today ... I'm picking #1 and #2 to try to combat this new awakening. Maybe even going to try a dreamfeed at 10pm ... I'll keep you posted :)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We "dream fed" Dean around 11pm (or just before we went to bed) every night until he was about 4-5 months old. I was bottle feeding by then so maybe it was different as a result, but he would just barely wake up enough to eat and then fall right back to sleep. He'd sleep through to the morning every night! Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteWe've been loosely ST & did the 1st dreamfeed last night @ 11pm & the little guy slept from 8:45pm until 8am!!! I didn't change his pants because he was completely asleep while eating. Give it a shot & let us know how it works for you guys. Good luck!
ReplyDelete