Monday, February 22, 2010

Sleep Training - Week 1 Review

It has been a week since we started the Sleep Training process - and I couldn't be happier with the results!! Ultimately - there was never a time where Henry screamed for more than 5 minutes.

I'd say the average time for him to fall asleep at naptimes is 30 minutes - and this is usually just talking to himself with the occasional moan or groan cry session. And nighttime crying has all but disappeared!

Last night - the official one week mark - there was NO crying or fussing at all! He was drowsy but awake when Nick put him down too! I don't expect this every night but see it as a vast improvement.

I'd say the biggest achievement was that he actually took a nap at Grandma and Grumpa's house in the pack and play in the other room! He's never done this at their house before - mainly because he always cries and we'd go get him! It only took a little bit of fussing and he was out!

Next goal -- get naps to be longer than 45 minutes!!


Henry's first time in his exersaucer!

1 comment:

  1. So happy sleep training is going well!!! Sounds like he's made huge progress in a week =)

    ReplyDelete